Sunday, September 4, 2016

Introducing My Top Five Strengths

As junior year of college finally closes in on me, that means it's also time to reignite my blogging flame!

In my first post EVER, I introduced myself as a human and described a bit of what public relations means to me. Since the beginning of sophomore year, my life has RADICALLY changed (for the better thank goodness)!

I thought instead of re-introducing myself again on here I would describe myself through my top five Gallups StrengthsFinder results. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's a paid test you can take where it will describe what your top strengths are in detail to help you better understand who you are and what you should do.

1. Woo
"Winning Others Over" is what WOO stands for. I'd like to think of this as the gift of persuasion. I love to talk to others especially new people CONSTANTLY...it actually gives me a bit of a rush. This also means I love to charm and get people to believe in what I believe in or be persuasive about pretty much anything really. The secret behind this strength though is that do those who have it use it for good, or for evil?

2. Futuristic
I love thinking about the future! I know, that sounds a bit weird to a lot of people, but thinking of what the future holds is almost like my "happy place." Encouraging others to have a better future and reach for their goals is really my main motivation behind this strength, and it also helps keep me motivated in the present working towards my goals in the future.

3. Achiever
Lists, goals, charts, bullet points, notepads, checkmarks. I am a woman who likes to get things DONE. Not only do I want complete multiple task a day and reach goals on a consistent basis, but it can actually drive me NUTS if I don't stay busy. Oh, and if I do something, it is ALWAYS done well. Which leads to my next strength...

4. Competition
So, this strength doesn't necessary mean I just like to compete in things and win (although yes, I do like that). To me, competition is more with myself in the fact that if I'm doing something, it will be done to its FULLEST potential and be the BEST quality. If you don't want to hire me already then my last strength will win you over for sure.

5. Communication
Not only am I a COMM major, but communication both from me to others and from others to me is something I thrive on! Clearly looking back at WOO I love to talk to people, but with this strength I really value the QUALITY of how I communicate. Whether this means having intentional conversations, making others feel good or just speaking properly, it's a big deal to me. This also means I really value others who value this strength and communicate well back with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment